Metal Shop Use

Pete Presant

Apr 14, 2015, 10:13:50 PM4/14/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
I'm also hoping to start using the Metal Shop. I'm book-learning what i can about the Mill right now but would ultimately need some hands-on instruction. Are there ever any Milling & Lathing or Welding courses, that people do?

Again, I could provide some labour/assistance on someone's project in exchange for instruction if there aren't typically courses happening.

I'm signed up to assist with the workbench construction which should cover the brake and perhaps some other things.

:) pete

Max Svatos

Apr 15, 2015, 8:32:56 PM4/15/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pete,

To my understanding there are no class, at this point, for the Lathe or milling machine. I can show you how to use the Lathe and give you some more reading material. Tho to warn you, turning metal is not easy. Our little lathe needs to be respected and treated well. Let me known you if want to meet up.

Cheers, Max.

Richard Wagner

May 17, 2015, 1:40:43 AM5/17/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
I too am interested in using the Metal shop. Would you mind sending me files as well?

Thanks,
Breck

Max Svatos

May 18, 2015, 2:51:22 PM5/18/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hey Breck,

The Reading Materials are in textbook form. Talk to Pete about getting them.

Cheers, Max.