Suggested readings for introduction to Bio-hacking

brock587

Feb 9, 2016, 1:29:57 PM2/9/16
to makerspaceca
Hello all,

It is exciting to begin conversing with this makerspace! I'm Brock Hay, and I desire to join the group in the summer (once courses are done) and learn some bio hacking! I've already contacted Derek and everything about the group, but I did have a general question to you all about learning the fundamentals behind bio hacking. I am a first year Microbiology student at UVic. As a first year, only general sciences are taken; therefore, my academic knowledge is minimal. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some books or resources I could use to learn all about this craft, bio hacking. I need to learn about protocols, PCR, genetic components and how they're specialized, and all the intracellular fundamentals to know for this craft. I look forward to working with you.

So any suggestions?

Best,
Brock