aeroponics

Behan Webster

Apr 17, 2015, 9:20:09 PM4/17/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
I just read about Aeroponics at O'hare airport.

This looks pretty interesting, and considering the talk of hydroponics here, I thought I'd post the link. Seems there is a lot of DIY aeroponics as well if you google it.

See aeroponic radishes and potatoes in particular are odd (Google image search "aeroponic potatoes")...

Behan

Derek Jacoby

Apr 17, 2015, 9:24:14 PM4/17/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Built an aeroponics chamber for growing basil as a test project a few years ago. About 25% faster growth rate than the hydroponics version we compared to with less water loss through evap. Basic design was suspended pots in the lid of an plastic tote with a bit of rockwool and the roots dangling into the air. A couple pond misters - those piezo units that make fog - in a layer of nutrient liquid on the bottom provided enough moisture to keep the roots happy.

Neat technology...