Mobility Scooter Related Loot Available

Chris Stone

Sep 29, 2015, 5:46:43 PM9/29/15
to makerspaceca
I was able to loot a mobility scooter store this week. I've grabbed some useful goodies which I would be happy to part with (at no cost) if someone has an actual project they want them for.

Most of it should be functional, but it's not tested.

The list includes:

4x 24v DC Motors with Gearboxes (200-300W continuous range)
4x Small (half a meter?) linear actuators
2x Wheel motors (the motor is inside the wheel itself)
A bunch of heavy duty casters
A bunch of 30-45cm wheels
A box of mobility scooter motor controllers
A box of wiring harnesses
A mobility scooter seat

I also have two full mobility scooters with at least dead batteries. The big one is definitely mine. I'm just waiting on my battery pack to bring it back to life.
Not sure what to do with the smaller one, suggestions?

Cheers,
Chris Stone

Derek Jacoby

Sep 29, 2015, 5:55:12 PM9/29/15
to makerspaceca
Tyler scored a patient monitor and said there are more available. I'd really like to put some of the bits from your mobility scooter together with that to build a telepresence robot. That having been said, I'm not sure where I steal the time from. But having an ability to virtually come in to makerspace would sure be neat! I set one up for Biocurious so that I could remotely attend meetings down there and it's pretty cool...

Anyone else feel like helping to build a telepresence robot? I'll go buy the patient monitor tomorrow if so...

Nic Hume

Sep 29, 2015, 5:59:00 PM9/29/15
to makerspaceca
Derek,

What do you mean by "patient monitor" ... In my world that means biomedical monitoring, ECG, pulse oximetry, blood pressure, etc... I'm guessing that's NOT what you mean, but ... maybe you want your robot to mimic your vital signs too?

In theory I'd be interesting in helping, just to get a better sense of how the mobility scooter worked, but as with you, my time is limited.

-N

Derek Jacoby

Sep 29, 2015, 6:00:53 PM9/29/15
to makerspaceca
It's the stand that holds all that stuff. Looks to have been pulled from a hospital somewhere. It doesn't have any of the equipment on it anymore, but has the stand on rolling wheels with a UPS and a monitor mount and keyboard tray and such...

Chris Stone

Sep 29, 2015, 6:21:46 PM9/29/15
to makerspaceca
I'm totally down for building a tele-presence platform at the space. The 24v 200w stuff might be slightly overkill in terms of size. I wonder if the two smaller dc motors I grabbed might work with some of the 30cm tires.

Derek Jacoby

Sep 29, 2015, 6:26:32 PM9/29/15
to makerspaceca
OK, have a look at Tyler's monitor and such which is hanging around in the back room. I'll go buy it's evil twin tomorrow...