volunteer sought - create scoring system for upcoming sporting event

Mike Teachman

Nov 14, 2015, 1:07:59 PM11/14/15
to makerspaceca
The organizer of an upcoming Kettlebell sporting event is looking for a volunteer who can deliver a judges and participant scoring system.  I thought that someone at Vic Makerspace might be interested...

the details that I know ...

There is already a custom built WiFi networked scoring system based on Python-Django-Virtualenv-PIP-MySQL.  It was used in the 2014 event.  Unfortunately, the person who developed and ran all this stuff is no longer available.  But ... they are available for consultation - share the code and explain how it works.  After that you take ownership.  It's a volunteer job.  In terms of time commitment .. other than creating a working system (estimated one week effort assuming re-use of existing implementation), you would likely need to attend the event setup, and the event itself - may 28 2016.

It's also possible to develop something from the ground up with whatever technology you want.

Might be a good skills and resume builder?  if anyone is interested I can connect you with the technology guy and the organizer.

Mike Teachman

Derek Jacoby

Nov 14, 2015, 1:11:24 PM11/14/15
to makerspaceca

Sounds neat, Mike!

If anyone wants to take this on I'm happy to help at Arduino nights.

Derek