Help, need a truck!

Derek Jacoby

Sep 19, 2015, 2:13:25 PM9/19/15
to vince geisler, makerspaceca

Tried to pick up a sliding door for the makerspace recording studio and my van wasn't big enough! Nice door, good price. it's waiting in a driveway in langford. Sigh. Anyone have time to help today?

Thanks!

Derek

Derek Jacoby

Sep 19, 2015, 2:40:39 PM9/19/15
to vince geisler, makerspaceca

Vince to the rescue! Thanks.

Brandon S

Sep 20, 2015, 2:26:32 AM9/20/15
to makerspaceca, vgei...@gmail.com
Curious regarding the recording studio. Just a single booth with a linux machine? Single mic w/ audacity software type deal?

Brandon

Derek Jacoby

Sep 20, 2015, 2:43:23 AM9/20/15
to makerspaceca, vince geisler

Bit more than that. Green screen wall for video recording. I've got some production gear that may live in there if sufficient audio interest exists - 8 channel firewire soundboard, mics and pre's, couple midi instruments, etc.

Main goal is someplace to record instructional videos and twitch stream from but could use it for other purposes within the constraints of the 8'x12' room.

Some specific requirements you want considered for the space? Now's the time for anyone to speak up and get involved if so, btw.. I brought the framing lumber, sound insulation, and door in today but it's still mostly just a design at the moment.

Derek

Brian White

Sep 20, 2015, 11:41:43 AM9/20/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Does that mean you want or need an old camcorder?  One that uses tapes?  (I didn't know that firewire was still in use).

Matt Richardson

Sep 20, 2015, 7:29:22 PM9/20/15
to makerspaceca
I am actually in need of a small recording space for an animation voice over suddenly. I didn't know that a recording space was in the works, super exciting!

Can I help with some general labour? Got a couple free afternoons this week. I am strapped for cash, and drive an itty bitty car, but I can follow direction for framing and other tasks if you need some hands.

-Matt

Derek Jacoby

Sep 20, 2015, 9:31:11 PM9/20/15
to makerspaceca, Austin VH, Pete Presant

Awesome, Matt! Pete and Austin are running the construction show this week. I'm around a bit on Monday and Tuesday but am scurrying to get ready for a trip later this week.

Derek