Big thanks to the Woodshop admin !

Mike Teachman

Jan 28, 2016, 12:05:30 PM1/28/16
to makerspaceca
I was recently in the woodshop and was super appreciative of:

- the dust collection system, tied into the major tools
- the bench in front of the table saw
- various tools cleared out from underneath the router table

This is a lot of effort to make these improvements.  Many thanks !

Mike

Tyler Rivard

Jan 28, 2016, 6:25:58 PM1/28/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I look forward to that shop staying clean and organized so it is an enjoyable place to work in. There is still plenty to do in there though. All the shelving needs to be de-cluttered and vacuumed.  While testing the dust collection I noticed that the planer is very out of parallel, which is why it is so hard to adjust the height. The lift mechanism on the router table also needs to be looked at. It is much stiffer than it should be. The table saw wing between the fence rails needs to be mounted. There are parts to connect the three sanding machines to dust collection, but then thought maybe a sanding 'fume hood' thing would work best. If any members can take care of some of those things it would be great. Victor has already started building a more compact mitre saw stand.

Matt Richardson

Jan 28, 2016, 7:14:07 PM1/28/16
to makerspaceca
I'll do some dusting and look at the thickness planer this weekend if I get some time. Thanks for all your hard work, Tyler!

Grant

Jan 29, 2016, 11:29:37 AM1/29/16
to makerspaceca
Yes! Big thanks to Tyler for the dust control and thanks to Mike and Victor for the assembly tables!

These projects have been planned for months and it is wonderful to see some new members taking these on!

Grant

Ben Ho

Jan 29, 2016, 11:42:43 AM1/29/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com

I am back in town. Anything in particular that I can help with?

Ben Ho

Mark

Jan 29, 2016, 12:14:51 PM1/29/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com

Yep, and don't forget Peter, who did all the air management build around the circular saw.

Matt Richardson

Feb 1, 2016, 5:28:32 AM2/1/16
to makerspaceca
The thickness planer is levelled now. Still a little stiff, but it's good.