request for object made on 3d printer

Silvia Dulc

Apr 7, 2014, 11:38:59 AM4/7/14
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am looking to have a pair of woman's shoes printed on the 3d printer so that me and my colleagues can sign them as a retirement gift, and have several questions related to this:
1. is this possible
2. can the work be completed by the week of April 21 (so that I can arrange for pick-up and we have time to have them signed)
3. would a picture be sufficient to work from, or would a model be required
4. how much might this cost?

Thank you very much for your response,
Silvia Dulc

Thomas Gray

Apr 7, 2014, 12:32:02 PM4/7/14
to makerspaceca, silvia...@gmail.com
Silvia-

The Makerspace itself does not offer this service, but some of our members may be interested in performing this work for hire.  Depending on the shoe style and size, this task may be more or less complex, especially developing the 3d model.

-Thomas

Vanessa Pattison

Apr 7, 2014, 1:35:50 PM4/7/14
to makers...@googlegroups.com, silvia...@gmail.com
Would this do, Silvia? Thingiverse is full of shared designs if you want to have a look through yourself and then it's all ready to be printed!