Any update on 3D printer?

Ted

Sep 9, 2015, 6:14:38 PM9/9/15
to makerspaceca
About 5 weeks ago I found the 3D printer out of commission. Has it been fixed? Has anyone used it lately?

Derek Jacoby

Sep 9, 2015, 7:13:31 PM9/9/15
to makerspaceca
Yup, it's up and running just fine these days. Only ABS around right now, but some new PLA is on order and should be here by this weekend, or early next week. Please make sure if you use it that if you make any settings changes that you save them to a new profile and leave the default profile absolutely unaltered. And check the extruder for broken bits of plastic if you have any jamming problems, the extruder gear has been turned around to face the front to make this process easier.

Thanks!

Derek

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Ted <tha...@gmail.com> wrote:
About 5 weeks ago I found the 3D printer out of commission. Has it been fixed? Has anyone used it lately?

Ted

Sep 12, 2015, 6:54:40 PM9/12/15
to makerspaceca
Thanks, works great!

Pete Presant

Sep 13, 2015, 9:49:25 PM9/13/15
to makerspaceca
Is the software for the 3D printer still Matter Control?

Derek Jacoby

Sep 13, 2015, 9:51:29 PM9/13/15
to makerspaceca

Yup!