welder

Lindsay Mitchell

Aug 14, 2015, 3:22:18 PM8/14/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
there's something wrong with the welder- the trigger seems to have an issue, running constant wire (whether or not I trigger the gun). I stripped the trigger and the gun but I can't really see what's going on, I think it's going to take someone better with electronics than I.

If someone feels capable of taking a look, that would be great...if not I could try to take it to get repaired somewhere.

I have a little wire feed in my basement I can bring in, it needs a new plug but I can wire one on and as long as it's running ok we can use it 'til this one gets fixed.

If anyone else has one they want to bring in I'm happy to get it set up and the gas switched over etc.

Thanks,
Lindsay

Derek Jacoby

Aug 14, 2015, 5:13:00 PM8/14/15
to makerspaceca, Lindsay Mitchell
OK, fixed.

The problem was not actually in the gun. Please be careful taking it apart because there is some shady wiring in there that can be damaged pretty easily, but this time that was not it. This time the problem was in the place that the switch wires plug into the welder. There is a grey screw on piece. Please feel free to screw this on, it's made to turn without damaging the wires. But the black cap on the other end of that piece cannot be turned without causing damage internally. It is now wrapped up with electrical tape to try and prevent it being turned, but the whole trigger wiring is a bit of a gnarly mess and will likely need looked again sometime.

But for now it's working again anyway!

Thx,

Derek