Meeting/Open Hours tonight 2/13/2018 7pm

Sam Harmon

Feb 13, 2018, 11:59:40 AM2/13/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our weekly free and open to the public hours tonight, officially starting at 7pm, but I’ll likely be at the space by 6 (traffic permitting). For those coming by for the first time, the address is 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights 44120 (aka ’The Dealership’). Park in the north lot, and come all the way around to the very back of the building. You’ll pass through the Tunnel Vision Hoops area to get to our area.

Brite Winter: Our proposal to teach soldering was finally accepted! Parts have been ordered to have 100 badge kits available for the event.
Want to help out? there are two ways you can help:
1- sign up to take a shift or two at the event: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kTl9J6f0-0hIuuMrMiz2wvrSF4NQMR09H21TK_9MnxA/edit?usp=sharing
The last few lines are in parenthesis due to it being “optional, but encouraged” by BW. We very well could be out of kits by then...
2- Show up tonight, next Tuesday, (and possibly this Saturday if more parts arrive by then?) to help make up the kits. This consists of putting the various parts currently on-hand into baggies, and “de-fanging” the pin- they have a weird second pin akin to the anti-rotation tab on a potentiometer, and it needs to be removed, much like the anti-rotation tab on a potentiometer ;—)

I’d also like to spend some more time focusing on getting the Shopsmith up and running- if we get it going, we’ll have a usable vertical bandsaw and belt sander again, both of which would be really helpful...

And following up from last week, I did disable user signups on the wiki. If you want an account you’ll have to sign up in person, but I no longer have to purge hundreds of attempted spammers…

See you there,

Sam