Meeting/Open Hours tonight 3/6/2018 7pm

Sam Harmon

Mar 6, 2018, 1:28:47 PM3/6/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our weekly free and open to the public hours tonight, officially starting at 7pm, but I’ll likely be at the space by 6 (traffic permitting). For those coming by for the first time, the address is 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights 44120 (aka ’The Dealership’). Park in the north lot, and come all the way around to the very back of the building. You’ll pass through the Tunnel Vision Hoops area to get to our area.

Agenda:
Dues:
-It’s a new month, so dues are due if you’re paying dues.

March Class:
-Diavolino class will be on March 31st, coinciding with the International Open Day For Hackerspaces. Sign up here if you’d like to take the class:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/build-your-own-diavolino-arduino-clone-tickets-43863888070

RepRap Snappy:
-most of the non-printed parts showed up today (only thing left might be the hotend if we don’t have one available on-hand), so we can continue the assembly tonight.

Compressor/Sandblaster:
-Going to try to figure out the source of the air leak and fix it, or think very hard about getting a new cabinet (they’re not that expensive…)

MaxNC:
-Got a replacement motor coupler that seems pretty true compared to the one we had on the Y-axis, so we’ll see how that goes tonight.

The Continuing Shopsmith Debacle:
-Last week, we decided the problem was either with the floating sheave or the spring, or maybe crud on the motor shaft under the spring. As a result of trying to get it apart, we now have to replace both anyway (the sheave was damaged, and the spring, uh, completely destroyed). In order to get the sheave off the motor shaft (it was stuck pretty well), I got a 3-jaw puller set and took care of it on Sunday. Tonight we’ll try to get the motor shaft cleaned up for when the replacement parts arrive.

Aside from all that fun, we’ll have our usual Open Hours - bring a project to work on/show off, or maybe get involved with any of the the above!

See you there,

Sam

Paul "Froggy" Schneider

Mar 6, 2018, 5:24:25 PM3/6/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
If I get there a little early will that be a problem?

- paul

Sam Harmon

Mar 6, 2018, 5:25:50 PM3/6/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
The doors will all be locked before I get there, but other than that, no.

Sam Harmon

Mar 7, 2018, 10:07:43 PM3/7/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group

Made a little progress on the Snappy, and then we figured out a) we needed to print another part (the BOM was wrong, apparently, but it should be printed now) and b) we needed some more non-printed parts (ordered)

The MaxNC is now back to operating condition, thanks to a new motor coupler, and probably running better than it has in ages thanks to the aforementioned new coupler and a replacement bearing block I printed. It may be a good idea to print a similar bearing block for the X axis, and maybe even the Z-axis.

As a test, I got this engraved into an aluminum panel before I left last night:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgCkzaxAxkZ/?taken-by=makersalliance

Anybody up for some open making on Saturday afternoon?

Sam