Bootstrap Bash is this Saturday- let's participate!

Ross Bochnek

Jan 19, 2016, 12:40:30 AM1/19/16
to Makers' Alliance
We've been invited to participate in Bootstrap Bash this year with a table in the front of the building.  I'm shooting to get us the circular bar.

Some ideas of things we can show/demo include:
-Chopbot, our PVC Kazoo-Parts Cutter (actually, the MaxCNC mill is probably quieter when it's fully boxed in)
-Seiko Robot Controller with some printer motors of computer fans (like at Ingenuity)
-maybe I could run a job on our large format printer
-Rep/Rap: our DIY 3-D Printer
-Kits from the past

Ross Bochnek

Jan 21, 2016, 5:20:35 AM1/21/16
to Makers' Alliance
Aaron and I will be there demoing at least two group projects Rep-Rap DIY 3D Printer and Seiko Robot Controller.  I also plan to bring in some personal projects I've built at least partially at Makers' Alliance.  We'll be setting up in The Accelerator Room (the big conference room on the southeast corner of Launch House).

Matt Hummel

Jan 22, 2016, 10:41:40 AM1/22/16
to Makers' Alliance
I can possibly try to bring up the color organ I'm working on, plus a few smaller wearable electronics projects

Robert McTrusty

Jan 22, 2016, 12:25:44 PM1/22/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
yes please

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Matt Hummel <humm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can possibly try to bring up the color organ I'm working on, plus a few smaller wearable electronics projects

Ross Bochnek

Jan 22, 2016, 3:09:45 PM1/22/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Splendid!  We've got room for ya, Matt!

On Friday, January 22, 2016, Matt Hummel <humm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can possibly try to bring up the color organ I'm working on, plus a few smaller wearable electronics projects

Ian ‍

Jan 22, 2016, 7:45:08 PM1/22/16
to Makers' Alliance
I'll probably be there. I hope it doesn't request "Formal" attire.. Because I'm going to wear a flannel shirt.. A nice flannel shirt albeit, But a flannel shirt.

Ian ‍

Jan 22, 2016, 7:46:11 PM1/22/16
to Makers' Alliance
I can also come to set up, What time should I arrive?

Ross Bochnek

Jan 22, 2016, 10:06:03 PM1/22/16
to Makers' Alliance
YEAH!  Come on down!  We'll have lots of space, and it will be super fun.  Although there's no dress code, I'd say people will feel odd in bluejeans.  Think Dressy Casual.  Flannel works.

Ross Bochnek

Jan 22, 2016, 11:57:21 PM1/22/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
We can gather at our space as early as we want, and start preparing to move stuff into the Accelerator Room, which will be available 5pm at the latest.  The main group projects we plan to have are the Rep/Rap 3D Printer, and the Seiko Robot Controller.  Plus, however many personal projects we can fit.  We'll be sharing the Accelerator Room with our comrades from The Cleveland Game Developers! The Accelerator Room, located in the southeast corner of the building, is actually the best place to setup at Bootstrap Bash because of its high foot-traffic and nice chairs.

Ross Bochnek

Jan 23, 2016, 12:45:08 PM1/23/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Setup is 5-6:30.  Event starts at 6:30.  The official word on dress is business casual.  There will be tables set up in the garage, so we'll have to navigate our gear through them to reach the accelerator room.

Ross Bochnek

Jan 24, 2016, 12:49:19 AM1/24/16
to Makers' Alliance
Thank you Dennis, Ian, Bob, Kate, Matt, Stephanie, and everyone for your awesome project work and helping show it at this event!  I had a nice talk with the Mayor of Shaker Heights about Cleveland Makers' Alliance and Game Developers.  He loves what we're doing, and I thanked him a few times for his support.  We received and gave many thanks from and to Launch House as well for our outstanding contribution to the community.  Well done and bra-voh!