Wiki is down?

William Dwyer

Oct 28, 2016, 12:54:30 PM10/28/16
to Makers' Alliance
It's listed on the homepage and doesn't work currently, not sure if anyone was aware?

Sam Harmon

Oct 28, 2016, 12:59:37 PM10/28/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Very aware. I’ll need to re-install the software on our hosting provider - it was previously hosted on one of the computers in the space, and that went away when LH disconnected their fiber connection in the transition to The Dealership.

Depending on how busy things are tomorrow I’ll try to tackle it then (so I can also move the existing content from that computer to the server)

Sam

> On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:54 PM, William Dwyer <willia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's listed on the homepage and doesn't work currently, not sure if anyone was aware?

Sam Harmon

Oct 28, 2016, 4:43:36 PM10/28/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: dokuwiki is installed, but only somewhat configured at the moment. I’m leaving self-service account creation off at the moment to try to hold off the spammers until everything gets sorted out.

http://wiki.makersalliance.org/

Sam

Sam Harmon

Oct 30, 2016, 1:33:09 PM10/30/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE:
-content from the old wiki has been migrated to the new wiki
-I theoretically have a spam prevention plugin installed, and ACIs set up to only allow editing by approved accounts (those in a special group), so user account creation is active again. If I recognize your name/account, I’ll add it to the group as soon as I can.
-If you had an account before, you’ll have to create it again.

I think at this point, we can safely say the Wiki is up!

Sam

William Dwyer

Oct 30, 2016, 3:22:49 PM10/30/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Gave me an error when i signed up for an account, couldn't send the verification email.

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
UPDATE:
-content from the old wiki has been migrated to the new wiki
-I theoretically have a spam prevention plugin installed, and ACIs set up to only allow editing by approved accounts (those in a special group), so user account creation is active again. If I recognize your name/account, I’ll add it to the group as soon as I can.
-If you had an account before, you’ll have to create it again.

I think at this point, we can safely say the Wiki is up!

Sam

> On Oct 28, 2016, at 4:43 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> UPDATE: dokuwiki is installed, but only somewhat configured at the moment. I’m leaving self-service account creation off at the moment to try to hold off the spammers until everything gets sorted out.
>
> http://wiki.makersalliance.org/
>
> Sam
>

>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:59 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Very aware. I’ll need to re-install the software on our hosting provider - it was previously hosted on one of the computers in the space, and that went away when LH disconnected their fiber connection in the transition to The Dealership.
>>
>> Depending on how busy things are tomorrow I’ll try to tackle it then (so I can also move the existing content from that computer to the server)
>>
>> Sam
>>
>>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:54 PM, William Dwyer <willia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's listed on the homepage and doesn't work currently, not sure if anyone was aware?

Sam Harmon

Oct 30, 2016, 5:20:15 PM10/30/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Fixed it. I tried to configure it to do something fancy (i.e. send the mail from in...@makersalliance.org), but since our mail routes to Google Apps, that apparently causes a relaying issue, so it rejected the messages and caused the error.

Instead, the password/verification messages will now come from the not-so-obvious address of make...@server227.web-hosting.com. I’ve tested it and it worked for me. Try registering again.

Sam

> On Oct 30, 2016, at 3:22 PM, William Dwyer <willia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Gave me an error when i signed up for an account, couldn't send the verification email.
>
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> UPDATE:
> -content from the old wiki has been migrated to the new wiki
> -I theoretically have a spam prevention plugin installed, and ACIs set up to only allow editing by approved accounts (those in a special group), so user account creation is active again. If I recognize your name/account, I’ll add it to the group as soon as I can.
> -If you had an account before, you’ll have to create it again.
>
> I think at this point, we can safely say the Wiki is up!
>
> Sam
>

> > On Oct 28, 2016, at 4:43 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > UPDATE: dokuwiki is installed, but only somewhat configured at the moment. I’m leaving self-service account creation off at the moment to try to hold off the spammers until everything gets sorted out.
> >
> > http://wiki.makersalliance.org/
> >
> > Sam
> >

> >> On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:59 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Very aware. I’ll need to re-install the software on our hosting provider - it was previously hosted on one of the computers in the space, and that went away when LH disconnected their fiber connection in the transition to The Dealership.
> >>
> >> Depending on how busy things are tomorrow I’ll try to tackle it then (so I can also move the existing content from that computer to the server)
> >>
> >> Sam

Ian ‍

Oct 30, 2016, 9:36:59 PM10/30/16
to Makers' Alliance
I was able to create an account successfully.