Meeting & Open Hours tomorrow 10/3/2017 7pm

Sam Harmon

Oct 2, 2017, 8:45:41 PM10/2/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our weekly open to the public hours tomorrow night, officially starting at 7pm, but I’ll likely be at the space by 6. For those coming by for the first time, the address is 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights 44120 (aka ’The Dealership’). Park in the north lot, and come all the way around to the very back of the building. You’ll pass through the Tunnel Vision Hoops area to get to our area.

Agenda for the evening:
Mini Maker Faire:
-I ordered badge kits and blinking LEDs today- they should arrive in time for the event.
-Pendulum paint testing? (attempting to use alcohol to make the paint dry faster)
-Anything else we need to do to get ready?
-Sign-up spreadsheet coming soon
Open Hours:
-Bring a project to work on and/or show off! Looking for something to do? I’m sure we can figure out something- what do you want to make?

Upcoming happenings:
-Saturday, October 21st 1-4pm - WE’RE HAVING A CLASS (Atari Punk Console workshop- limited to 5 students, but feel free to come and help teach if you want to help teach soldering) Event link for registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/build-an-atari-punk-console-tickets-38518546008
(alternately, you can pay cash during open hours before then)

-Saturday, November 4th - Cleveland Mini Maker Faire
-(TBD sometime in November) - Build your own Arduino class?
-(TBD some time after that) - DIY Arduino-based instrument class
-Saturday, April 28, 2018 (Tentative) - Shaker Makers II

See you there,

Sam

Sam Harmon

Oct 3, 2017, 4:47:35 PM10/3/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
UPDATE - I submitted the Cleveland Mini Maker Faire application and it was accepted! Record turnaround time!

See you all in a few hours…

Sam

Jim Owens

Oct 3, 2017, 5:05:15 PM10/3/17
to samuel...@gmail.com, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Shaker makers?

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Sam Harmon

Sam Harmon

Oct 4, 2017, 4:50:17 PM10/4/17
to gym...@yahoo.com, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
For those that are new (or weren’t active on the group a few months ago), Shaker Makers is a Maker-Faire like event localized to Shaker Heights (and held at The Dealership, which makes it really convenient for us ;-)). The first one happened this past April and was pretty successful, so the city has decided to do it again.

Sam