Open Hours tonight 2/27/2018 7pm

Sam Harmon

Feb 27, 2018, 11:50:36 AM2/27/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our weekly free and open to the public hours tonight, officially starting at 7pm, but I’ll likely be at the space by 6 (traffic permitting). For those coming by for the first time, the address is 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights 44120 (aka ’The Dealership’). Park in the north lot, and come all the way around to the very back of the building. You’ll pass through the Tunnel Vision Hoops area to get to our area.

Agenda:
Brite Winter recap- What worked? What didn’t work?

Classes in March? Since we didn’t do any in February, we’re definitely doing some in March.
-There will be a Diavolino class for sure- let’s figure out the date so we can announce it.
-Glass Etching? We should fix the leak in the sandblaster before that, so we’re not running the compressor all the time...
-Something else? (this is where you suggest something we haven’t thought of yet…)

Opportunities to do things in March?
-Hackaday World Create Day (3/17) - maybe do some kind of group build project for this?
-International Open Day for Hackerspaces (3/31) - maybe have a class in addition to open hours?

Thing we are *definitely* doing in April:
Shaker Makers (4/28) - We need to figure out *exactly* what we are doing to put it on the application...
Things we will almost certainly be doing:
—Pint Glass etching (probably a “fixed” Shaker Makers logo for $5 that we can pre-cut a lot of vinyl for ahead of time, and ability to do a custom one with your own design for $10)
-badge soldering
Things we could do that will need people to run them:
—Paint Pendulum?
—Art car???
-Other stuff (this is where you volunteer to do something we haven’t thought of yet…)

After all that, Open Hours. Bring a project to work on/show off/etc.
-Snappy building
-Shopsmith fixing
-Sandblaster leak-fixing
-etc.

See you there,

Sam

Carson E

Feb 27, 2018, 9:59:39 PM2/27/18
to Makers' Alliance
Hello Sam,

Just wondering if someone could email me privately about joining? I will not be able to make it to an open house and have some questions.

Thanks,
Carson