DISCUSS - November 24th

Sam Harmon

Oct 25, 2017, 12:08:37 AM10/25/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
So in my announcement post today, I kind of proposed doing some sort of event on the day after Thanksgiving.

A few possibilities:
-Some kind of workshop (electronics, something else?)
-A repair cafe/clinic (we discussed this idea a while ago and it sort of went nowhere)
-A “Makerspace Maintenance” session (thanks for mentioning this tonight, Mark!) - this would be similar to i3Detroit’s Potlock (https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/PotLock) or the “Make Your Makerspace” events Akron Makerspace has been doing recently.
-A combination of one or more of the above?
-Something else I haven’t thought of

What say you, subscribers to this mailing list? What should your local Makerspace do that day? Would you attend?

The first thing I have to do is make sure the building management isn’t planning some kind of maintenance that weekend which would prevent this, like they did last year.

Sam

Ian Km

Oct 25, 2017, 12:25:18 AM10/25/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
We could definitely use a “makerspace maintenance” day.

Sam Harmon

Oct 25, 2017, 9:32:34 PM10/25/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
So far-
-emailed building management. I’m pretty sure I got an all clear as far as any building maintenance that weekend is concerned.
-if “Makerspace Maintenance” is in fact the plan, I started a To Do list on the wiki:
http://wiki.makersalliance.org/doku.php?id=todo (feel free to add to it, or post here and I’ll add it on your behalf)

Sam

Sam Harmon

Oct 27, 2017, 3:26:02 PM10/27/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Makerspace Maintenance it is.

Take your pick of RSVP mechanisms, but please RSVP:

https://www.meetup.com/preview/MakersAlliance/events/244542991
https://www.facebook.com/events/1969378166663749/

Sam