Reminders about Recycling, Upcycling, and managing "eWaste"

Ross Bochnek

Apr 6, 2015, 3:34:26 PM4/6/15
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
This is a reminder that we:

1) clean the *@#! up after ourselves
2) have scrap Aluminum, Steel, and Brass receptacles.  We also have tin snips, welders, plasma cutters, grinders, and other ways of cutting, forming, and attaching metals for people's projects.  Why buy a sheet of metal from a big box store when common items like computer cases provide a free, on-hand supply of such materials?
3) are trying to keep electronics completely out of the Shaker Heights municipal waste stream. We can remove components ourselves, and/or use them in a public hardware hacking activity.  Eventually, we can separate out things that need to be disappered professionally/responsibly.
4) don't stuff an entire computer tower inside of a garbage can (and meanwhile also warp the plastic can)

Scrap Aluminum and Brass is being collected with our casting supplies or in a bin by the back door.  Scrap stell is being collected by the welding equipment.

Thanks!