RE: [makersalliance] Re: BIG Blue Air Compressor

Nathan Clark

Nov 17, 2014, 10:09:17 AM11/17/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com

What size is the shaft ? What kind of sheave is required and what will that cost ?

Nov 17, 2014, 12:08:58 PM11/17/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
I don't know the shaft or sheave size.
Dave says: "Theoretically we could use a 3450rpm motor with a pulley 1/2 the size, but the shorter contact surface makes belt slippage an issue. Then the tighter bend radius and additional tension create other problems.  "

I might wait until after our meeting tomorrow before considering buying the single phase motor.