C.H.I.P. - Everything I've wanted from a rPi and costs less too!

Scott Gray

Aug 8, 2016, 7:30:41 AM8/8/16
to Makers' Alliance
I backed this project a few months ago and finally got my C.H.I.P.s over the weekend. I just placed an order for a few more.

The only thing I'd love to see added to this board is a second arm core.

I opened the box, plugged into an old tv, power and a USB air-mouse. The C.H.I.P. was booted and auto logged in before I could switch the TV to the composite input. Configuring Wifi was a simple enough, and web browsing, updates, and new software was pretty fast and effortless.

Getting to work... flashing a new image on the eMMC is as easy as installing a Chrome browser plugin and clicking next in the wizard.

The USB OTG port (power) also works as a serial link, so setting up is even easier than my first go. I love this thing.