Raspberry Pi 3 wifi

Jim Owens

Dec 17, 2017, 3:43:49 PM12/17/17
to Makers' Alliance
Have any of you had any experience debugging  Raspberry Pi WiFi connection?

Jim

Ed.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:01:31 PM12/17/17
to 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance
A little bit. Are you using a. PI 3?

Ed.

Jason Fant

Dec 17, 2017, 4:20:35 PM12/17/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Somewhat, what’s the problem?

--
Jason

Martin Hebrank

Dec 17, 2017, 5:55:04 PM12/17/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Never needed to. It just worked. But I started on linux long before wifi was even around, so what's the issue?

** Martin

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 3:43 PM, 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance <makersa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Have any of you had any experience debugging  Raspberry Pi WiFi connection?

Jim

Eric Faehnrich

Dec 17, 2017, 6:28:34 PM12/17/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
One problem I've found with it connecting to wifi is it can't connect to hidden ssid.

What problem you got?

On December 17, 2017 3:43:47 PM EST, 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance <makersa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Have any of you had any experience debugging  Raspberry Pi WiFi connection?

Jim

Jim Owens

Dec 17, 2017, 7:39:29 PM12/17/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com, Jason Fant
I bought a pi 3 with a 7" touch screen for my nephew, and when we assembled it the screen worked but the wifi stopped working. I Googled the issue and updated the OS but no luck yet.

Jim

Jim Owens

Dec 17, 2017, 7:48:24 PM12/17/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com, Jason Fant
When I do an "lsmod" I see the name of the wifi chip, but when I do "iwconfig" the adapter is not listed. I rebooted a couple of times after the "apt-get update" but no luck.

Eric Faehnrich

Dec 17, 2017, 8:31:15 PM12/17/17
to 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance

So you had the wifi working before you attached the screen?  And this is the built in wifi?

Jim Owens

Dec 17, 2017, 10:04:54 PM12/17/17
to 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance, Eric Faehnrich
yes, and yes.

Jason Fant

Dec 17, 2017, 11:47:58 PM12/17/17
to gym...@yahoo.com, makersa...@googlegroups.com
My Pi3 did this when I use a wireless bridge chip in the GPIO for wireless temperature/sensors.    For me, my wireless device name was changed and thus my wlan configs were looking for the wrong device name.   This happened every time I had a power outage or did an improper shutdown.      For me it was a problem because I ran my Pi headless.   I ended up using the Ethernet connection and reloading Raspbian from scratch and recompiling code.

--
Jason

Richard Sposit

Dec 18, 2017, 10:56:22 AM12/18/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Ensure that your date and time are correct.

Sent from my iPhone

ken

Dec 18, 2017, 6:06:28 PM12/18/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com