Saturday Open Hours 1/9/2016 2-5pm

Sam Harmon

Jan 7, 2016, 11:15:20 PM1/7/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group

We’ll have the space open again on Saturday. 2-5pm for sure, maybe later if folks are into it.

Things that might be worked on:
-attempt to make the Stratasys print again
-design (but not necessarily build yet) some benchtop shelving for our woodshop
-work on one or more of the CNC machine projects
-attempt to repair the engine hoist? (anyone have hydraulic fluid?)

…or any number of other things.

Sam

Ian ‍

Jan 7, 2016, 11:52:05 PM1/7/16
to Makers' Alliance
Unfortunately, I'll be bowling.

But.

I have some Hydraulic fluid, and I can help with the Stratasys on Tuesday

Ross Bochnek

Jan 8, 2016, 7:07:45 AM1/8/16
to Makers' Alliance
We can start collecting Big CNC electronics together, starting with a RAMBo v 1.3L Controller w/endstops from Jason, and a 5/12/24 VDC PSU from an old server!  Ideas for CPUs- PC or SBC?  I can lend some kind of Pi to maybe run LinuxCNC, and we can get use a VGA flatscreen with an HDMI connector, or possibly use the Thinkpad/Monitor combo that Ian made?!

Ross Bochnek

Jan 9, 2016, 12:08:18 PM1/9/16
to Makers' Alliance
I'll start testing the 24v PSU and working on a pinout today.  I'll also bring in the RAMBo and we can talk about what computer we can prompt it with.  I have an idea for a housing from our collection for the RAMBo, which would fit a Sinlg eBoard Computer (SBC) like a Pi or another Beagle Bone Black.

Sam Harmon

Jan 9, 2016, 10:04:40 PM1/9/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Got a few things done today:

-got the engine hoist re-oiled(Thanks Ian!), so it’s working better then it was, and I got the legs folded up so it’s not taking up too much space
-We had what might be described as progress with the Stratasys- we were able to get a Windows 7 laptop with a USB->serial adapter to achieve some level of communication, but not enough to get it to do anything useful yet...
-did a bit of cleaning & straightening up
-turned the sink on its side to at least make it take up less space while we figure out what to do with it
-Started on drilling the marble slab for the Taig lathe- went relatively easy with a hammer drill & tile cutting bits.

Sam

Ross Bochnek

Jan 10, 2016, 1:13:40 PM1/10/16
to Makers' Alliance
I wanted to know the pinout for the 5/12/24v PSU.  I searched online, and with no luck finding a datasheet or a manual, I opened up the housing.  I was then able to read the PCB silkscreen text of the breakout to each pin, record it on a piece of tape on the device itself, and determine what kinds of connectors they take.  Next step is to confirm the expected voltage values on each pin with a voltmeter.