Saturday Open Hours 1/14/2017 1pm-?

Sam Harmon

Jan 13, 2017, 10:37:15 AM1/13/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We’ll have the space open for a while on Saturday afternoon. Come on by if you’re so inclined.

Things that could happen:
-Vacuum Former progress- we got started on Tuesday, and might get to the point of drawing a vacuum on it by Saturday.
-If I can get my hands on some printmaking linoleum blocks, I may try to use the Shapeoko to make a linocut stamp…
-Move prep/cleaning/organizing

See you there?

Johnathan Gilman

Jan 13, 2017, 7:36:22 PM1/13/17
to Makers' Alliance
I'm looking at starting a woodworking project this weekend and have been meaning to check out your space for, like, forever. Would it be cool if I were to stop by during open hours and work on my project?

Waaaay back when I stopped by the space on Broadway a few times... that feels like ancient history!

-Johnathan Gilman

Sam Harmon

Jan 13, 2017, 8:29:11 PM1/13/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Not a problem. Come on over- park in the north parking lot and come all the way to the back door.

Sam

Sam Harmon

Jan 15, 2017, 1:00:42 AM1/15/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group

> On Jan 13, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We’ll have the space open for a while on Saturday afternoon. Come on by if you’re so inclined.
>
> Things that could happen:
> -Vacuum Former progress- we got started on Tuesday, and might get to the point of drawing a vacuum on it by Saturday.

Didn’t get quite as far as I’d hoped, but the box has a bottom, it’s attached and sealed up (note: all the caulk tubes in the space were dried up. Luckily the RTV Silicone was still good). We’ll test with the top on on Tuesday and see if it needs sealing as well.

> -If I can get my hands on some printmaking linoleum blocks, I may try to use the Shapeoko to make a linocut stamp…

This worked out pretty darn well! Bear in mind I haven’t done any printmaking since 1987 (and that being a couple of weeks in 7th grade art class…) so I’m a bit rusty on the actual printing mechanics, but it’s a good start:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQjsTVjHAB/

I’m inclined to offer this as a workshop/class once the printing techniques are figured out ;-)

Sam