Adafruit group buy

Sam Harmon

May 23, 2014, 12:22:19 PM5/23/14
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Hey all,

We are going to be doing another Adafruit group buy.

In general, for Adafruit-branded items, the discount is usually 30%, and 40% if you're ordering more than 50 of whatever. For non-Adafruit branded merchandise, the discounts range from 0% (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black) up to 30%. Also note that as far as I can tell, they don't really do back orders, so if it's not in stock, you won't be able to order it.

The way I see this working is as follows:
1. You send an email to samuel...@gmail.com (not a reply-all to the list...) with a list of stuff you're interested in, hopefully with URLs and/or part numbers by 11:59pm on Tuesday, May 27th.
2. I look up what the cost would be and send you an email with what it will cost.
3. You paypal me that amount.
4. I place the order once everyone has paid.
5. You pick up your stuff at the space after it arrives.

Alternately, you can order (and pay, in case you loathe paypal) in-person at our open hours next week, though I'll be grumpy if I have to spend the whole time looking up prices...

Also, I may not be online very much between today and sometime Tuesday, so you may not receive a response until then.

Sam