Open Hours/Move Work session tomorrow 1/21/2017 noon-?

Sam Harmon

Jan 20, 2017, 12:59:02 PM1/20/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
I want to try to make some progress on the space move this weekend. I originally wanted to actually get some stuff moved tomorrow, but due to the roof leak/ongoing repairs, they’re now proposing we move to a different pair of bays.

Things that need to happen:
-See if the proposed bays will be sufficient for our needs
-Detaching the chicken wire from the back of the shelf wall(s)
-Move the barrels of bad scrap metal (not the good stuff on the shelves) to TVH’s scrap area

If we determine the new bays are sufficiently decent, we’ll maybe start moving a few things as well.

There will likely be a pile of stuff that is available for the taking (some VGA-only LCD monitors, some unknown condition Cisco switches, etc.). If nobody wants it, it will likely go to the electronics recycling center.

I’m also going to pick up a set of these to see if they’ll be of help when moving around the bigger stuff (shelves?, other weighty items): http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-6-in-Steel-Tri-Dolly-with-200-lb-Load-Rating-49299/203661047

In addition to all that, we’ll try to work in some making as well - maybe another attempt at vacuum forming?Tuesday’s attempt ended in a mess of melted plastic and failure, but we can definitely try again. We may also look at adding dust collection to the Shapeoko (it needs it)

See you there?

Sam