RepRap Snappy

Sam Harmon

Oct 15, 2017, 3:16:33 PM10/15/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Since we now have a 3D printer with a big enough bed to print the biggest parts of this, it might be kind of fun to build:

http://revarbat.github.io/snappy-reprap/

Who wants to help out?

Sam

Jim Owens

Oct 15, 2017, 5:47:16 PM10/15/17
to samuel...@gmail.com, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
I will help, but not that much because I have a lot on my plate. Perhaps we can set up a list of parts and tasks on a check off sheet in the space so folks can step in and do stuff.

Kent Krivich

Oct 16, 2017, 10:21:54 AM10/16/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
I’m in.

Jim Owens

Oct 16, 2017, 11:49:15 AM10/16/17
to samuel...@gmail.com, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Hmmm. It seems to cost, in the end, more than ones you just buy ... is it better, or faster, or bigger?

Sam Harmon

Oct 16, 2017, 5:50:08 PM10/16/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
It’s not quite as expensive as they make it out to be - their printed parts estimate is based on $30/kg filament, whereas we get $15/kg filament at Micro Center, and have a couple of partial spools already.

We’ve also got *most* of the electronics and other parts already on hand- I think the only major expenses will be for the extruder hot end & 686 bearing, and maybe some cables or other minor things.

The biggest (virtual) expense is in print time- it’ll probably be a while until we have enough parts printed to start putting it together, unless some volunteers with printers want to take on a part or three in their spare time...

Sam
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to makersallianc...@googlegroups.com.

Jim Owens

Oct 16, 2017, 6:59:21 PM10/16/17
to samuel...@gmail.com, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Hmm. The printer I had has been sent onto the other owner. But since you are saying it may be cheaper, then sure, let us try it.

Jim
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Sam Harmon
It’s not quite as expensive as they make it out to be - their printed parts estimate is based on $30/kg filament, whereas we get $15/kg filament at Micro Center, and have a couple of partial spools already.

We’ve also got *most* of the electronics and other parts already on hand- I think the only major expenses will be for the extruder hot end & 686 bearing, and maybe some cables or other minor things.

The biggest (virtual) expense is in print time- it’ll probably be a while until we have enough parts printed to start putting it together, unless some volunteers with printers want to take on a part or three in their spare time...

Sam

> On Oct 16, 2017, at 11:49 AM, Jim Owens <gym...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hmmm. It seems to cost, in the end, more than ones you just buy ... is it better, or faster, or bigger?
>
> Jim
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Jim Owens
> <gym...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I will help, but not that much because I have a lot on my plate. Perhaps we can set up a list of parts and tasks on a check off sheet in the space so folks can step in and do stuff.
>
> Jim
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Sam Harmon
> <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we now have a 3D printer with a big enough bed to print the biggest parts of this, it might be kind of fun to build:
>
> http://revarbat.github.io/snappy-reprap/
>
> Who wants to help out?
>
> Sam

Sam Harmon

Oct 17, 2017, 12:13:29 PM10/17/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
I started a spreadsheet to track printing progress, since there are a lot of parts to print:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jwSLDXKn8Jsij83Uw-GTa3-WKPTkHxfuVk4eCaoVHxo/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone else with a printer wants to take on a part or three, mark it in the spreadsheet and bring them in to the space when they’re done.

Sam