Hamilton build-out session tonight 4/17/2018 @7pm

Sam Harmon

Apr 17, 2018, 12:52:49 PM4/17/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We've done the hard part- moving almost everything over to Hamilton. Now begins the *really* hard part - putting it all back together with some semblance of order...

-Unload a carload of stuff I got from Shaker yesterday
-Build shelving
-Start putting things on shelves once they're ready.
-Move things that should go to the shared shop over there (i.e. router table)
-Think about ways to implement shelving *over* the benches in the pod?
-Probably a dozen other tasks not coming to mind right now.

See you there?

Sam

Eric Faehnrich

Apr 17, 2018, 2:46:04 PM4/17/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
About what time, until about how late?

Sam Harmon

Apr 17, 2018, 3:04:11 PM4/17/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
7pm until probably 10 or 11.

Sam Harmon

Jim Owens

Apr 17, 2018, 7:11:44 PM4/17/18
to Sam Harmon, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Again, my apologies, but I am working second shift now.

Eric Faehnrich

Apr 17, 2018, 9:58:45 PM4/17/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Where/how does one get in?

Sam Harmon

Apr 18, 2018, 12:12:08 AM4/18/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
For those asking about how to find the space- the address is 5401 Hamilton Avenue, but to access our entrance you'll have to come into the complex via the East 53rd street entrance.
Come all the way down the lot near the Skidmark Garage entrance. To the right of the two giant rollup doors (marked "DOCK 5" and "DOCK 6"), there's a door that looks like this- that's the entrance you want:

I'll see about getting some kind of signage or a sticker or something for the door and/or sign.

We did get the first run of shelving completed and attached to the wall, so it seems reasonably sturdy now. We also got a significant amount of the stuff on the floor of the pod onto those shelves- not much organization to it yet, but it's off the floor.

Back at it next week...

Sam

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 9:58 PM, Eric Faehnrich <er...@faehnri.ch> wrote:
Where/how does one get in?