Saturday Open Hours - 11/19/2016 noon-?

Sam Harmon

Nov 16, 2016, 10:15:40 PM11/16/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Last weekend’s Open Hours were fun - let’s do it again this weekend! Start around noon?

Things that could be done:
-Setting up Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi (I’ve got an old Pi 1B I’m not using, and I’ll spring for the necessary extras unless someone else wants to contribute (SD card, power supply,etc.)
-Matt and Steve seemed to have some ideas on reusing the Stratasys parts to make a new printer (or other machine) last night.
-I may try repairing one of the sewing machines, as I now have a replacement motor & pedal for it.
-Work on the Shapeoko? It still needs limit switches, a secure base, and spindle control wired up.
-general cleanup & organizing
-any number of other things...

Sam

Jason Fant

Nov 17, 2016, 5:19:11 PM11/17/16
to Makers' Alliance
Hey,   I'm kinda new to the whole electronics stuff.      Is this event Saturday, free?     I'm interested in checking it out.

--
Jason

Sam Harmon

Nov 17, 2016, 10:38:26 PM11/17/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
It’s free- any time we call something “Open Hours”, it’s free & open to the public. Just come around to the back of the building- I can’t guarantee there will be anyone at the front door.

What kind of things are you interested in?

Sam

Jason Fant

Nov 18, 2016, 8:34:06 AM11/18/16
to Makers' Alliance
my background is in IT Managed Services.    I just started playing with Raspberry Pis and Ardunio's.     I have a couple home projects I did for "Home Automation" but looking to kinda branch further!    I'll try to swing out tomorrow, I live over in the Mayfield area.      What's the address for Saturdays event?

Thanks,
Jason

Sam Harmon

Nov 18, 2016, 10:12:02 AM11/18/16