Open Hours/Space Reassembly tomorrow 2/28/2017 7pm

Sam Harmon

Feb 27, 2017, 11:04:43 PM2/27/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Thanks to Bob and, well, me, we got everything moved out of the old space on Saturday. So if a fear of moving big heavy things large distances has kept you away, fear no more ;-)

A lot of it is in what I’ll describe as “holding areas” (across the aisle from the space, and adjacent to the space) until a) we finish getting things assembled and put them in their proper places (i.e. pallet rack parts, “good” metal, etc.), b) find new homes for them, possibly in exchange for rent-paying currency (kegs, radial arm saws, “bad” metal, etc.), or c) their rightful owners take them away to some place that is not here (i.e. steam kettles, Touch Me, etc.)

On Tuesday (tomorrow), we’ll reassemble the remaining pallet racks and try to get a lot of the stuff in group (a) above put where they need to go. If parts of (b) and (c) get accomplished, that’s a bonus.

The sooner we get all of this done, the sooner we get back to normal operations and some classes! With a good-sized crew this won’t be too tough.

We may also get the 8(?) gallon compressor running again...

See you there,

Sam

Sam Harmon

Mar 1, 2017, 12:49:55 AM3/1/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Lots of stuff done tonight:
-Got the remaining pallet racks installed.
-Moved the barrel of ‘good’ metal back to the space
-got the pallets of small metal bits onto the pallet rack
-I made a new push stick for the table saw (similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9oyt2gj0ek)
-compressor-wise, it turns out the head on that compressor was totally wrecked. However, we’re now grafting the compressor head of one of those Porter Cable portables onto the tank of that one. Maybe that job gets finished on Saturday?

Also, since pipe clamps were asked about last week, I looked around and figured out that we have exactly one pipe clamp set(we do also have 4 or so big 2-3 foot quick-grip style bar clamps for clamping large pieces). I set it up on a length of 1/2” black pipe, so our clamping capabilities have improved. I’ll pick some more up soon, since they seem really useful.

Sam