Meeting/Open Hours/3D Printing Demo Tonight 12/5/2017 7pm

Sam Harmon

Dec 5, 2017, 12:47:43 PM12/5/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our weekly free and open to the public hours tonight, officially starting at 7pm, but I’ll likely be at the space by 6 (traffic permitting). For those coming by for the first time, the address is 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights 44120 (aka ’The Dealership’). Park in the north lot, and come all the way around to the very back of the building. You’ll pass through the Tunnel Vision Hoops area to get to our area.

Agenda:
-It’s the first of the month, so dues are due
-I got some glassware to practice sand-etching on, if anyone wants to give that a try (make a mask on the vinyl cutter and etch on the sandblaster) - once we have the procedure down, this will be a future workshop.
-Replacement Yellow/Matte Black printhead for the Inkjet Plotter came in, so that will likely get fixed tonight.
-As it was apparently 3D Printing Day on Sunday, I’ll be doing a short demonstration on how to use the 3D printer around 7:30pm
-Electronics-related talk will be next week. Unless someone proposes something better, the topic will be "how to fix your soldering mistakes."

Upcoming workshops:
Sunday, December 10th(2-4pm)- LED Holiday Tree (4 spots available)
Saturday, December 16th(1-3pm)- LED Holiday Tree (5 spots available)
-https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learn-to-solder-3d-led-holiday-tree-tickets-40873533840
(use the code “ONTHELIST” to save $5…)

Saturday, December 16th(3-5pm)- Audio Amplifier Workshop (2 spots left!)
-https://www.eventbrite.com/e/audio-amplifier-workshop-tickets-40886833620

See you tonight,

Sam

Sam Harmon

Dec 6, 2017, 1:02:08 AM12/6/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We got a lot done tonight! Some of it was documented here: https://www.instagram.com/makersalliance/

-3D printing demo ended up being a replacement gear for one of our pencil sharpeners that was broken(who knew it would be on Thingiverse?)
-Got the Shapeoko CNC router more into shape, and even ran a couple of quick jobs on it.
-Most of the issues with our table saw were fixed and/or mitigated (though we should still make a nice rolling cabinet with folding outfeeds for it some day…)
-Glass etching test worked really well - we’ll definitely be doing a workshop with that soon (next month?)
-As of now, one spot remains open for the amplifier workshop on the 16th, and lots for the LED tree ones.

Sam