Early warning - Shaker Makers event in the spring

Sam Harmon

Dec 8, 2016, 8:21:52 PM12/8/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Kate and I had an interesting meeting today with various folks involved with the city and Ingenuity.

Now, most of the details are still in the air (this was a very early-stage meeting), but we know this much at the moment:

-There will likely be a “Shaker Makers” event in the springtime (probably not officially Faire-branded).
-It will likely take place at The Dealership
-Obviously, since we’re a Makerspace currently located at The Dealership, we’ll have a good opportunity to show off the space at the event.

More details when we know more, but start thinking about things we can do at the event now.

Sam

Ian Km

Dec 9, 2016, 12:08:48 AM12/9/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Would it be possible to use this as leverage to keep our current space? We could say we would not be able to fully operate if forcibly downsized.