CNC progress tonight

Sam Harmon

Jul 21, 2015, 10:45:17 PM7/21/15
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Progress made!

1- I upgraded Grbl on the Arduino to version 0.9i (vs. the 0.8a that was on there, that didn’t even support limit switches!)
2- I /think/ I have the motors all set to something workable, between the machine speed, motor current, and steps/mm settings. Jogging the machine .1” led to deflections of pretty darn close to .1” on the dial indicator.
3- I have a “demo” limit switch attached to the X axis. It seems to work (i.e., when I triggered it while jogging the x-axis, the machine stopped and went into the limit switch alarm mode until it was unlocked). However, the hole for the switches on the brackets that come with the MaxNC is a little too small for these switches, so we’ll either have to fabricate some new ones or bore these out a tiny bit.
4- added a barrier strip to the electronics for better routing of wires that have multiple connections (i.e. ground), though on second thought this will impact the fan when the box is sealed up. It’s held on with a screw and some hot glue right now, so it won’t be too bad to move.
5- Hot-glued the transistor inverter for the spindle to the spindle relay
6- brought in a 10’ USB extension cable, so hooking it up to a computer is MUCH EASIER now.

Sam