Swamp Cooler project

Ian Km

Aug 7, 2015, 5:35:43 PM8/7/15
to Makers' Alliance
I have ordered some Swamp cooler pad material and will be attempting to construct a functioning swamp cooler next week.

I believe Dave Walton said he has some small submersible pumps he wouldn't mind bringing in for the project, And I have a couple of different fans I will be bringing.

dave walton

Aug 12, 2015, 9:38:53 PM8/12/15
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have some pumps we can try. I also have 2 extra DHT-22 temp/humidity sensors to donate to the project. That will let us hookup a Pi to compare incoming and outgoing air makeup.

I've found the DHT-22s tend to flake out and require a reset after 4 months or so of continuous duty. We should try powering them from a GPIO pin so the Pi can reset them as needed. The spec sheet says they will run on 3.3V.

The cooler might also function as a useful humidifier during the winter months when the air in the space is wicked dry.