Hackaday World Create Day - 3/17

Sam Harmon

Mar 11, 2018, 3:33:16 PM3/11/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
The space will be open next Saturday for Hackaday World Create Day, 1-5pm:

https://hackaday.io/event/83612-hackaday-world-create-day-makers-alliance
and/or https://www.facebook.com/events/116354005867891/

What should we create that day? Finish the Snappy? Setup a tool that might arrive in time for it?

Something else? Hit reply and let the list know- all ideas are welcome.

Sam

Jim Owens

Mar 11, 2018, 4:30:11 PM3/11/18
to Sam Harmon, makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
I believe I discussed with you the idea of having some sort of publicly announced competitive games involving robot races ... that's all I can think of, but I am not sure what that is worth ...

Sam Harmon

Mar 12, 2018, 11:49:53 AM3/12/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
It’s not a bad idea, but we’ve got until this Saturday. Sourcing parts for racing robots in the next five days could be challenging. That’s the kind of thing that needs a bit of lead time, and functioning prototypes.

Sam

> On Mar 11, 2018, at 4:30 PM, Jim Owens <gym...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I believe I discussed with you the idea of having some sort of publicly announced competitive games involving robot races ... that's all I can think of, but I am not sure what that is worth ...
>
> Tap to get Yahoo Mail
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Sam Harmon
> <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The space will be open next Saturday for Hackaday World Create Day, 1-5pm:
>
> https://hackaday.io/event/83612-hackaday-world-create-day-makers-alliance
> and/or https://www.facebook.com/events/116354005867891/
>
> What should we create that day? Finish the Snappy? Setup a tool that might arrive in time for it?
>
> Something else? Hit reply and let the list know- all ideas are welcome.
>
> Sam

Jim Owens

Mar 12, 2018, 12:12:36 PM3/12/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm. Agreed.
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Sam Harmon
It’s not a bad idea, but we’ve got until this Saturday. Sourcing parts for racing robots in the next five days could be challenging. That’s the kind of thing that needs a bit of lead time, and functioning prototypes.

Sam

> On Mar 11, 2018, at 4:30 PM, Jim Owens <gym...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I believe I discussed with you the idea of having some sort of publicly announced competitive games involving robot races ... that's all I can think of, but I am not sure what that is worth ...
>
> Tap to get Yahoo Mail
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Sam Harmon
> <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The space will be open next Saturday for Hackaday World Create Day, 1-5pm:
>
> https://hackaday.io/event/83612-hackaday-world-create-day-makers-alliance
> and/or https://www.facebook.com/events/116354005867891/
>
> What should we create that day? Finish the Snappy? Setup a tool that might arrive in time for it?
>
> Something else? Hit reply and let the list know- all ideas are welcome.
>
> Sam

Robert McTrusty

Mar 12, 2018, 1:23:58 PM3/12/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
OK DRONE RACES

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:12 PM, 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance <makersa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hmmm. Agreed.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Sam Harmon
It’s not a bad idea, but we’ve got until this Saturday. Sourcing parts for racing robots in the next five days could be challenging. That’s the kind of thing that needs a bit of lead time, and functioning prototypes.

Sam

> On Mar 11, 2018, at 4:30 PM, Jim Owens <gym...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I believe I discussed with you the idea of having some sort of publicly announced competitive games involving robot races ... that's all I can think of, but I am not sure what that is worth ...
>
> Tap to get Yahoo Mail
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Sam Harmon
> <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The space will be open next Saturday for Hackaday World Create Day, 1-5pm:
>
> https://hackaday.io/event/83612-hackaday-world-create-day-makers-alliance
> and/or https://www.facebook.com/events/116354005867891/
>
> What should we create that day? Finish the Snappy? Setup a tool that might arrive in time for it?
>
> Something else? Hit reply and let the list know- all ideas are welcome.
>
> Sam

Sam Harmon

Mar 16, 2018, 7:30:22 PM3/16/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
This is tomorrow! 1-5PM, maybe a touch later if there’s still stuff being done.

I plan to be there a little before 1 to get things set up.

Also, I’ll be bringing in a certain 72 pound box that arrived today ;-)

See you there,

Sam