FYI - Arduino Due R3 $13.35

dave walton

Jul 6, 2015, 6:11:36 PM7/6/15
to makersa...@googlegroups.com

joeo

Jul 6, 2015, 9:35:04 PM7/6/15
to makersa...@googlegroups.com

 About 30 years ago I was in a High School regional programming competition. At this event

was a woman with long 70's hair from a computer store displaying some new computer

called a Macintosh. This computer had a bizarre user interface that involved graphical pictures

and  a virtualized pointing device called a mouse. it's CPU and RAM were roughly similar to the $13 Arduino Due.

Add a cheap analog TV, a couple more display chips, a USB stick, a mouse, and the Contiki OS to the Due,

and the resulting computer system would be similar to the original Macintosh, at a total price of less than $100.

 30 years ago that Macintosh sold for the equivalent of $5000 in today's dollars.  It was advertised with a Super Bowl

commercial that envisioned the Macintosh as a rebellion against Big Brother. I wonder if such an ad would

even be allowed to be run today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtvjbmoDx-I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contiki