Open Hours tomorrow, 12/19/2017 7pm

1 view

Sam Harmon

Dec 18, 2017, 9:48:30 PM12/18/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our weekly free and open to the public hours tomorrow, officially starting at 7pm, but I’ll likely be at the space by 6 (traffic permitting). For those coming by for the first time, the address is 3558 Lee Road, Shaker Heights 44120 (aka ’The Dealership’). Park in the north lot, and come all the way around to the very back of the building. You’ll pass through the Tunnel Vision Hoops area to get to our area.

Agenda:
-Since the theme-of-the-week is woodworking, we’re going to do a group project and build a workbench that we’ll use as a mobile vacuum/dust collection station. If you want to learn some basic woodworking techniques or just feel like helping out, feel free to stop by and join in.
-Plenty of other things you could get involved in (build the Snappy, make the Kinect scan, etc.)
-…or as always, bring your interesting project to work on/show off.
-Also, if there’s a project you think the space should undertake, feel empowered to hit reply and let us know!

See you there,

Sam

Sam Harmon

Dec 20, 2017, 1:14:34 AM12/20/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Got a lot done:
-Made some quick outfeed support blocks for the miter saw (they’re clearly marked, so don’t throw them away!)
-Built the workbench. Came out great! Still need to add casters (the ones we have are either too small to support the weight or too large to fit on the bottom of a 2x4.), but the frame is done.
-printed another part for the Snappy
-Started trying to put together the Snappy:
-The motors I planned to use were too tall. However, I managed to find a stash of motors that were exactly the right height, but short wires. Those can be spliced, though...
-I’m not sure that the limit switches fit quite right. May need to get the suggested ones.

Next week, the theme-of-the-week will be metalworking. Pretty sure I’ll be cutting some aluminum extrusion on the bandsaw for future use in the other 3D printer we’re building...

Sam