Open Hours/Post-move organization tomorrow 3/11/2017 noon?

Sam Harmon

Mar 10, 2017, 6:25:03 PM3/10/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Who wants to hang out at the space tomorrow and get some stuff done? We’ve still got tons of stuff to do to make the space usable, or feel free to bring & work on your own project.

I plan to have the space open by noon, but I have to run some errands beforehand that I hope won’t run late, but it could happen.

A punch list of activities that could be worked on:

1- Sort out the electrical wiring in the space - on Tuesday, we found there were some inefficiencies (to put it nicely) in the way that electricity is currently routed around the space. Let’s try to improve that. May also involve wiring up the covered box with some outlets.

2- Compressor work - we JB-Welded the tubing on Tuesday, so it should be as ready as it’s going to be tomorrow. I also got a replacement plug, so it’ll be electrically ready as well.

3- If enough people show up, I would like to get the sculpture lifted up onto the pallet rack (and thus get one more thing out of the non-space area)

4- As always, cleaning, organizing & labeling things (a good way to learn where things are in the space?)

In addition to all of that, I’ll try to finish up the modifications I’m making to that HP function generator to run it with a normal IEC power cable instead of a vintage one that costs too much.

See you there,

Sam

Sam Harmon

Mar 11, 2017, 12:44:25 PM3/11/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Space is open now. If you stop by, ring the doorbell on the back door.

Sam

Sam Harmon

Mar 11, 2017, 5:35:19 PM3/11/17
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 6:25 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Who wants to hang out at the space tomorrow and get some stuff done? We’ve still got tons of stuff to do to make the space usable, or feel free to bring & work on your own project.
>
> I plan to have the space open by noon, but I have to run some errands beforehand that I hope won’t run late, but it could happen.
>
> A punch list of activities that could be worked on:
>
> 1- Sort out the electrical wiring in the space - on Tuesday, we found there were some inefficiencies (to put it nicely) in the way that electricity is currently routed around the space. Let’s try to improve that. May also involve wiring up the covered box with some outlets.

It’s somewhat better now, but there’s still room for improvement.

> 2- Compressor work - we JB-Welded the tubing on Tuesday, so it should be as ready as it’s going to be tomorrow. I also got a replacement plug, so it’ll be electrically ready as well.

IT’S WORKING! I couldn’t find the replacement plug this morning so that part didn’t happen, but the JB-Welded tube worked alright, though it gets sort of uncomfortably hot and we should re-do it properly.

> 3- If enough people show up, I would like to get the sculpture lifted up onto the pallet rack (and thus get one more thing out of the non-space area)

Didn’t happen. Tuesday?

> 4- As always, cleaning, organizing & labeling things (a good way to learn where things are in the space?)

Did a bit of this- got some stuff put where it belongs, found the hose for one of the small Shopvacs and got it running, etc.

> In addition to all of that, I’ll try to finish up the modifications I’m making to that HP function generator to run it with a normal IEC power cable instead of a vintage one that costs too much.

Done (if a little odd with the IEC jack hanging out of the back).

Sam