Volunteer Opportunity

Sheila Woidke

Nov 30, 2017, 8:23:40 PM11/30/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I am a teacher at a new STEM school in Lorain County.  Next week is hour of code and I was wondering if anyone worked with coding that would be interested in skyping or coming to speak with my students.  They all have experience with code.org and I have a few who have gotten into python and some other more advanced coding activities.  If not for this, if anyone works in a tech industry or an engineering industry and would like to come in, I am always looking for people to share their expertise.  We have a pretty nice fab lab with 3D printers, laser cutter and vinyl printer if anyone has ideas for projects.
Any help would be appreciated!
Sheila Woidke

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:37 PM, Sam Harmon <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
We’ll have the space open for a bit on Saturday afternoon. 1-5pm-ish.

Things that might happen:
-Building an LM386 amplifier to document the build ahead of the workshop on December 16th
(https://www.eventbrite.com/e/audio-amplifier-workshop-tickets-40886833620)
-Making a list of parts we need to get to properly implement dust collection in the Shop Zone.
-Printing Snappy parts
-Making a magnetic sign for the back door?

Or, feel free to bring your own project and/or work on something else.

See you there,

Sam

Jim Owens

Nov 30, 2017, 10:35:15 PM11/30/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
That might be a bit difficult ... but I would be interested to know when, how old the students are, how long the presentation, on which topics, and any other details.

Jim

Paul "Froggy" Schneider

Nov 30, 2017, 11:51:36 PM11/30/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Sheila,

I'm interested.  I work in the IT industry and code for both my day job and hobbies.  What concepts are you trying to relate to your students and what exactly would you like to teach them?  Or is this more of a, "Yes, you'll actually use this stuff in life, here's an example" kind of thing?

- Paul

Sheila Woidke