Open Hours tonight 10/11/2016 7pm

Sam Harmon

Oct 11, 2016, 1:46:48 PM10/11/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Open Hours tonight, starting around 7pm. Come check out the space and/or bring a project to work on.

While I’m at it, here’s some news:

Cleveland Mini Maker Faire:
Apparently there are two Maker Faire-ish things going on that weekend:
-The Cleveland Mini Maker Faire (Nov 5, https://makerfairecleveland.com/)
——We need to figure out exactly what we are doing for it TONIGHT (or via online discussion before Saturday)
——If you would like to learn how to teach people to solder, I will probably do a ’train the trainers’ class for it in the next week or two.
—The Barnes & Noble Maker Faire thing (Nov 5 & 6 - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/makerfaire )
——Eric Eisenberg will be representing us at this! Thanks!

Speaking of Maker Faire-related stuff, I found a bunch of color-changing LEDs while doing some cleaning at the space last night- I will try building a badge with those and see if they work reasonably well. If they work we use them instead of the plain red ones in the kits now.

Also, if UPS shows up before I head to the space, there may be something very special arriving tonight…

See you there,

Sam

Sam Harmon

Oct 11, 2016, 4:08:04 PM10/11/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group

> Also, if UPS shows up before I head to the space, there may be something very special arriving tonight…

UPDATE: Delivered! I might even try to get there a bit before 7…

Sam

William Dwyer

Oct 11, 2016, 5:38:15 PM10/11/16
to Makers' Alliance
I'll be up there, for a train the trainer thing hopefully.  I didn't box up my sunblaster, based on this build http://www.iso1200.com/2015/03/the-diy-sun-blaster-make-1000w-equiv.html

I'll box that up for next week on tuesday to work on.  I need to put a handle on it and build a mounting point on the bottom to be able to mount it securely to a standard light stand.

Sam Harmon

Oct 12, 2016, 10:06:01 AM10/12/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
For those who didn’t make it, “something very special” was a Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D printer.

Last night it printed more things successfully (3) than the Prusa has in, what, 5 years? So that’s something.

Sam