Move Prep tonight 4/3/2018 6pm

Sam Harmon

Apr 3, 2018, 11:59:13 AM4/3/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We will be having another move prep session tonight at Shaker. I'll be there around 6.

First - if you have some kind of van/truck/trailer/other material conveyance method and want to help out with the big move push on April 14th & 15th, let me know. Depending on the expected turnout there may be some extra logistical planning involved (i.e. have a person/team at Hamilton to help guide vehicles as they come in and unload)

Agenda for tonight:
-Continue boxing up & prepping stuff
-Continue clearing shelves & pallet racks
-Start shelf disassembly
--do we completely knock them down, or try to transport in assembled sections? (discuss)
--this will probably need a lot of hands, and cordless drills & drivers would be cool if you've got them...

Plenty of stuff on the free shelves to be taken - now including a few duplicate issues of Make magazine & 2600, so come and loot those, if nothing else.

See you there,

Sam

Jim Owens

Apr 3, 2018, 1:26:17 PM4/3/18
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Alas, I cannot attend tonight, but I hope to help more later.

Sam Harmon

Apr 4, 2018, 10:47:49 AM4/4/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
All of the shelves are completely disassembled, so they'll be real easy to transport.

Most of the pallet racks are disassembled (one left).

Lots of stuff is pretty much strewn about all over every flat surface, which is kind of an issue, but we'll get a bunch of sturdy totes to deal with that.

Big thanks to Ian & Eric for helping out last night.

Sam

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 1:26 PM, 'Jim Owens' via Makers' Alliance <makersa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Alas, I cannot attend tonight, but I hope to help more later.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Sam Harmon
[...]

Sam Harmon

Apr 5, 2018, 11:48:24 AM4/5/18
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
I popped in for a bit last night and did a few things:

-Picked up 5 of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-27-Gal-Storage-Tote-in-Black-HDX27GONLINE-5/205978361 and filled all of them with a bunch of the stuff strewn across all the tables. We should probably get some more of those, because those tables will need to be clear come moving weekend...
-cleaned out the little welding supplies cabinet & put its contents into one of those blue boxes we got from Tesla Orchestra a while back.
-Set up the folding table as a "stuff that doesn't move during the big move" zone, which has some soldering gear for Shaker Makers and rope/strapping supplies so far.
-emptied the trash, as they had all gotten full again.
-created a facebook event for the big move push, so you can all invite your friends and make this hopefully go faster/easier: https://www.facebook.com/events/242272893009385/
-setup paypal.me, so it's much simpler to make a donation now (and since I screwed up the donate link in the newsletter the other day...): https://www.paypal.me/MakersAlliance

Sam

--
Sam Harmon

Ross Bochnek

Apr 6, 2018, 11:51:31 AM4/6/18
to Makers' Alliance
Are we still using that pallet of PVC dome struts for projects, did Matt take them back, did they get moved to Hamilton yet, and/or can I take it to my storage unit to build a dome with this Summer?

Sam Harmon

Apr 9, 2018, 10:44:27 AM4/9/18
to Makers' Alliance
To answer your questions in order:
No, we aren't using them.
No, Matt didn't take them back.
No, they have not been moved yet.
I guess it's up to Matt, but as far as I'm concerned, get them out of here.

I have no idea where the connecting joint pieces are, though.

Sam

Matt Hummel

Apr 10, 2018, 2:01:02 PM4/10/18
to Makers' Alliance
if you want them take them. but there are pieces broken/missing

Eric Faehnrich

Apr 12, 2018, 6:15:45 PM4/12/18
to Sam Harmon, Makers' Alliance
There anything going on Saturday? Can someone help even if they don't have a huge truck or trailor?

Matt Hummel

Apr 13, 2018, 11:39:02 AM4/13/18
to Makers' Alliance
Eric, the move is starting saturday. we would certainly welcome the help. we need people loading, offloading, building shelves, and organizing.
Plenty to do!