Ways to help out

Sam Harmon

Nov 20, 2016, 6:54:33 PM11/20/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
People often ask how they can help out at the space. Here are some ways to do so:

-Make a tax-deductible donation (or even better, become a paying member!)
-Contribute some skills - want to redesign our website? Help make a machine work?
-Tell your friends about us. Invite them to an open night.
-Teach a class - maybe you have some cool skill you want to share with others? Don’t freak out about speaking to large groups- you can set the class size as large or as small as you’re comfortable with (for instance, Akron Makerspace’s welding class is capped at four students per session)

Also, when we start holding classes and big events, I’ve set up a Mailchimp announcement list so we can reach people who are interested in such things that either don’t want to join this list or set themselves to “No Mail”… Everyone currently on this list is already subscribed, but the signup link is here if you want to tell your friends: http://makersalliance.org/announce_list.html

Sam