Open Hours tonight 11/22/2016 7pm

Sam Harmon

Nov 22, 2016, 1:13:08 PM11/22/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
We are having our regular Open Hours tonight starting around 7pm. Bring a project, or help out with the many we have to work on around the space.

I’m planning to do some more work on the Shapeoko. What do you want to work on?

Note: There will *not* be any open hours this weekend due to maintenance on the floors in the office area. If for some reason you absolutely need to come in and get something over the weekend, I suggest entering through the door by the south lot gate- I’m pretty sure the little strip of floor between that door and the garage door isn’t getting refinished. Weekend open hours will probably resume December 3rd.

Sam

Sam Harmon

Nov 23, 2016, 12:40:23 AM11/23/16
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Just some of what we did tonight:
-Showed some first-timers around the space (if you’re reading this, welcome!)
-went through the tool donation pile and found homes for most of it in the space
-Installed bCNC on the Shapeoko BeagleBone Black (it seems way better than Universal Gcode Sender, and less resource intensive than ChiliPeppr)
-Worked out how to mount the Shapeoko frame to the steel sheet. Just need a few more things from McMaster-Carr...
-Looked at some limit switch strategies for the Shapeoko
-Matt printed some parts towards a proof-of-concept of his next mutant vehicle.

And I created an Instagram account for the space, because why not: http://instagram.com/makersalliance

Sam