HGR Question,

William Dwyer

Oct 11, 2016, 11:59:03 PM10/11/16
to Makers' Alliance
I haven't been down there yet, but i'm planning on making a trip to buy a workbench for this Beseler 45MX I need to mount.

Can you just walk through and look for what you want?

Ross Bochnek

Oct 12, 2016, 2:41:45 AM10/12/16
to Makers' Alliance
Yes.  Just walk through the double glass doors and stop at the reception desk in front.  They'll ask you if you have an personal account or a business account.  Tell them you need to set up a personal one, and they will take some info from you, and assign you a salesperson and probably point them out or inform them they have a new client.  You don't need to see your salesperson yet, but it's a good idea to see what they look like, where their desk is, and get a business card from them.

You are then free to roam the showroom with the option to bring lightweight items to your salesperson (carts are available), or just photograph or write down down the item number and bring it to them.  If you need help picking your item, bringing it to a pickup bay, etc., your salesperson will radio for a forklift for you.

If you're hungry, you can have free donuts and coffee by the reception area, get one free softdrink from the customer's lounge fridge (it's between the office area and the showroom), or stop by during lunchtime for some pizza (or ?).

It's OK to climb atop the pallets in the showroom to look at items, but you may want to wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty/greasy, and sturdy footwear (which should also be comfortable because the showroom is acres of concrete).  There are bathrooms in the hallway by the reception area, and also upstairs in the showroom by the TV/computer aisle. The bathrooms have all sorts of hand cleaners, which is nice because almost everything is dirty and/or greasy in the showroom.  The showroom is a massive indoor warehouse of industrial insanity, so you may want to check out their website before going.

The descriptions on the product tags can be be extremely minimalist, so be sure to have a good charge on your phone so you look up what 97% of what the stuff you're looking at is.  Also, it's good to see if there's a manual for that cool thing to see what it is, what is does, how it works, what the pinout is, what the power requirements for it are, and what parts may be missing from it.  You may also want to take photos of that cool thing for the item number, or just to stare at later and send to your unsuspecting friends.

If you don't pick up and test your purchases within 30 days, it can be a real hassle because not everything at HGR works!

Kendall Smith

Oct 12, 2016, 8:38:50 AM10/12/16
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Haven't been for a few years, but yes, you just walk around and find things you need.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM, William Dwyer <willia...@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven't been down there yet, but i'm planning on making a trip to buy a workbench for this Beseler 45MX I need to mount.

Can you just walk through and look for what you want?

Ross Bochnek

Ian ‍

Oct 12, 2016, 3:27:00 PM10/12/16
to Makers' Alliance
Or in my case, You find things that you absolutely don't need but now have to figure out how to bring home.. BRB, trying to get this Tow-Motor into my subaru outback.