Camera Issues

Ian Km

Nov 15, 2014, 3:53:32 PM11/15/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
I've concluded that this Foscam camera is not working well for what we want.. For some reason it looses connection every 10 minutes and has to be Force reset.. Not to mention the strange half fuzzy lens situation.

I think if we really want to get serious about security we need a better camera.. Which honestly could be an expensive HD Webcam for all I care..

Looking for opinions/thoughts

-Ian

Martin Hebrank

Nov 15, 2014, 4:50:02 PM11/15/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
There was an issue with some Foscams where they would forget how to answer ARPs. Make sure they're running the latest firmware. I had the same issue and the update fixed it.

Ian Km

Nov 18, 2014, 7:18:48 PM11/18/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
We seem to be running the latest firmware, I can check and see if they have released another update I suppose.

Another problem is, Foscam's documntation is completely out of date.. So the information on the website is almost useless.