Cleaning out some stuff

Ed Matos

Sep 1, 2017, 10:11:50 AM9/1/17
to Makers' Alliance
Hi Sam,

I wanted to know if you guys could use CRCW1206. I have 3 full boxes and have no idea what it's for.

It was given to me by another Techy for some of my projects.

Thanks

Ed.

Kendall Smith

Sep 1, 2017, 10:17:27 AM9/1/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ed,

  By looking up that part number, these appear to be Vishay resistors.  If so, they probably have additional identifiers that specify the
resistance value.  Can you see any other descriptive information?  How many are in the 3 boxes?

 - Kendall Smith

Ed.

Ed.

Sep 1, 2017, 12:27:04 PM9/1/17
to Kendall Smith, makersa...@googlegroups.com
Here are some pics. Let me know if will help.

Ed.
20170901_122450_resized.jpg
20170901_122545_resized.jpg
20170901_122626_resized.jpg

Sam Harmon

Sep 5, 2017, 9:33:22 AM9/5/17
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
It looks like those are size “1206” surface-mount resistors in a variety of resistances. 1206 isn’t used too often in the surface mount projects I work on- those are more often 0805 or 0603, but 1206’s do have their uses.

I’d say go ahead and bring them in. Worst case, they might become part of an “introduction to surface-mount soldering” project?

Sam