RepRap progress- IT (SORTA) PRINTED SOMETHING(!)

Sam Harmon

Nov 8, 2014, 5:59:36 PM11/8/14
to makersalliance@googlegroups.com Group
Today I:
-made an overkill X- endstop flag
-made a really crude filament spool hanger
-sorted out intermittent problems with the Y- endstop
-loaded up the big spool of ABS we have into the extruder
-hit 'print' in Pronterface.

It's not exactly the 10 millimeter calibration cube it was supposed to be, but it's something:
http://instagram.com/p/vJwqvZtmao/

So team "Get the RepRap working" is way ahead of team "Fix up the FDM2000" ;-)

Still lots more tweaking, adjustment, and calibration to go, though...

Sam

Ross Bochnek

Nov 9, 2014, 12:29:29 AM11/9/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Yeah! Another 2 or 3 dimensions down! Please consider enshrining that square of plastic in our Micro Mini Maker Museum. Great work, man.

Robert McTrusty

Nov 10, 2014, 7:43:59 AM11/10/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
So that sounds like a throw down to the FDM 2000.
Looks like i need to get to work on that, who's with me?

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Ross Bochnek <interac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah!  Another 2 or 3 dimensions down!  Please consider enshrining that square of plastic in our Micro Mini Maker Museum.  Great work, man.

Joe N

Nov 10, 2014, 5:42:47 PM11/10/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

Ross Bochnek

Nov 11, 2014, 10:47:44 AM11/11/14
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
There is a new control box waiting next to the FDM, and it can still be pulled out to be worked on via pallet jack.