Newbie questions

James McCartney

Jun 10, 2015, 4:09:51 PM6/10/15
to make...@googlegroups.com
I just bought the M2 kit. Got the Simplified 3D installed and started playing with the motors. I have some backgroung with Autodesks 3D Max modelling software. My Z motor runs negative in the up direction. Is this correct? I would think it should be positive in the up.
Are there any tutorial videos to help us newbies get through some of these bumps ? If not...some one make some.
Send me links please.

Ketil Froyn

Jun 10, 2015, 4:20:01 PM6/10/15
to make...@googlegroups.com

Hi James,

You should head over to the forum on http://forum.makergear.com/, that's much more active than the Google group.

The Z axis moves up when you click minus, that's correct. You're changing the distance from the nozzle to the print bed, so adding 10mm should increase the distance, and that would cause the bed to move down.

Ketil