Got an old Mosaic to bring back to life

James Markosky

Mar 20, 2017, 6:12:45 PM3/20/17
to MakerGear - Make Today, Change Tomorrow
Dug the old Mosaic out of mothballs, and it turns out someone has taken my power supplies since.  Does anyone happen to have the specs on the original mosaic power supplies?  According to my notes they were 12v and 20v, but I need to know their amperage rating so I can find something comparable.  This is the laser-cut wooden mosaic, not an M2.  Thanks!

Rick Pollack

Mar 20, 2017, 6:28:40 PM3/20/17
to MakerGear
James from back in the day??? Email me directly and I'll see if we have one around somewhere.

--
Rick Pollack
MakerGear

MakerGear 3D Printers are Designed & Built in Beachwood, Ohio, USA

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM, James Markosky <vwj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dug the old Mosaic out of mothballs, and it turns out someone has taken my power supplies since.  Does anyone happen to have the specs on the original mosaic power supplies?  According to my notes they were 12v and 20v, but I need to know their amperage rating so I can find something comparable.  This is the laser-cut wooden mosaic, not an M2.  Thanks!

Bryan Boettcher

Mar 20, 2017, 7:47:22 PM3/20/17
to make...@googlegroups.com
If they're comparable to the 19/12v supplies from the M2 I've got ... a few.

Randy Childers

Mar 20, 2017, 8:16:31 PM3/20/17
to make...@googlegroups.com
I've still got mine handy.  The smaller power supply outputs 12v at 4.5A/5A/6A.  The larger one doesn't have a label; as soon as I find my multimeter I'll let you know what it says.

On Mar 20, 2017 5:12 PM, "James Markosky" <vwj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dug the old Mosaic out of mothballs, and it turns out someone has taken my power supplies since.  Does anyone happen to have the specs on the original mosaic power supplies?  According to my notes they were 12v and 20v, but I need to know their amperage rating so I can find something comparable.  This is the laser-cut wooden mosaic, not an M2.  Thanks!

Randy Childers

Mar 20, 2017, 8:19:38 PM3/20/17
to make...@googlegroups.com
I should have spent another 30 seconds looking before I sent that.  The larger one is clocking a floating (no load) DC output at 24.7V, but I'm not sure what it's amperage is.

James Markosky

Mar 21, 2017, 11:24:35 AM3/21/17
to MakerGear - Make Today, Change Tomorrow
A nice clean picture of their power rating stickers would be nice, I'm fairly certain I have the capacity to match them with some adjustable power supplies, but I don't know their specs.  I have a nice picture of them, but as you can see, it was taken with a potato.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/DasGrinch/Mosaic/2011-09-15_17-41-45_250.jpg

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Rick Pollack <ri...@makergear.com> wrote:
James from back in the day??? Email me directly and I'll see if we have one around somewhere.

--
Rick Pollack
MakerGear
23632 Mercantile Rd. Unit G
Beachwood, OH 44122

MakerGear 3D Printers are Designed & Built in Beachwood, Ohio, USA
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM, James Markosky <vwj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dug the old Mosaic out of mothballs, and it turns out someone has taken my power supplies since.  Does anyone happen to have the specs on the original mosaic power supplies?  According to my notes they were 12v and 20v, but I need to know their amperage rating so I can find something comparable.  This is the laser-cut wooden mosaic, not an M2.  Thanks!

James Markosky

Mar 21, 2017, 11:54:45 AM3/21/17
to MakerGear - Make Today, Change Tomorrow
Hahaha, it turns out I don't know how to read.  Apparently I captioned the picture with the specs, but I didn't put in a title, so I just ignored the caption, thinking it was the default 'Put a description of the picture here blah blah blah'.

James Markosky

Mar 28, 2017, 1:46:08 AM3/28/17
to MakerGear - Make Today, Change Tomorrow
It lives!  It turned out its first working print on Sunday.  Turns out I put it away in much better condition than I thought, my buddy got it going in only a few hours once we had the power specs.  Thanks for the assistance, even though I ended up having the answer staring me in the face, hahaha.