5th Generation Error 65: Thermocouple Communication Failure...

Campbell University Wiggins Memorial Library

Aug 6, 2014, 1:44:45 PM8/6/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, Everyone,

I recently received this error while trying to load new filament.  I decided to change the filament after a failed print--that I suspect was due to low heating or maybe a minor clog (I'm not sure).  The filament was extruding fine and then this error popped up that instructed me to disconnect and to then reconnect the smart extruder.  Any assistance you can provide concerning this error would be extremely helpful.  I really need to get this printer back up and running for our library patrons.

Thanks,

LaKeshia
CMMC Librarian

Jetguy

Aug 6, 2014, 2:45:11 PM8/6/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Quick tip- if this is THAT CRITICAL, CALL MAKERBOT SUPPORT +1347 334 6800

While we love to help here, this is a bunch of users helping users and nothing official.
Not trying to discourage you from asking questions here at all, but again, if it's a real error message and not covered in any manual- best thing is call MakerBot.

Campbell University Wiggins Memorial Library

Aug 7, 2014, 8:55:54 AM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
You're right.  Thanks for providing the info for Makerbot support.  I was able to reload the filament and print a few small items and the Error has not appeared again.  If it does, I will definitely contact support.

Thank you for responding to my post.

LaKeshia
CMMC Librarian