Replicator 2x Calibration Cube

Chris57

Aug 7, 2014, 8:46:37 AM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have about 150 hours on my Replicator and I think I've finally got it somewhat figured out. Pretty much every build goes off without a hitch, now my issue is that I want to make it as precise as possible.

Measuring the 20mm calibration cube, adjusting to 102% with ABS filament, the X axis is right on at about 19.99-19.98mm consistently. However, the Y axis is usually quite a bit off, at around 20.15mm or up to 20.25mm. Is there a quick easy way to adjust the y-axis only? Also, the edges of the cube tend to curl outward a bit, making them thicker than the rest of the cube. Is there any easy way to prevent that warping? Thanks.

Scottbee

Aug 7, 2014, 9:13:40 AM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Before you go looking to make a software change to compensate for what is most likely a mechanical problem.... have you thoroughly checked the belt tensions (all the belts) for both of your axis?  My suspicion is that you might actually be dealing with a backlash problem.

Chris57

Aug 7, 2014, 9:26:30 AM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to plead ignorance here, sorry. How exactly do I tighten the belts?

Chris57

Aug 7, 2014, 10:33:50 AM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com